Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cajun Chicken Pasta

Saturday night pasta meal at home

I have not made this dish in over a year (I think) and it is really delicious and pretty healthy. Also, I adapted this recipe from the SkinnyTaste website.

Cajun Chicken Pasta

~1 lb. chicken (I bought the chicken tender strips), cut into chunks
1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
1 red pepper, cut into strips
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
2 medium tomatoes (I had 2 small tomatoes and 1 medium)
1/2 red onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
cajun seasoning
garlic powder
black pepper
1 cup chicken broth
3 tbs. cream cheese
1/3 cup milk
1 tbs. flour
linguine (or any pasta you like)
green onions, for garnish

Prep and chop vegetables.

Spray the cooking pan and brown the chicken on both sides, adding creole seasoning and garlic powder to taste (about 5-6 minutes or so). Set the chicken aside. I use a healthy dose of the creole (again, we like the spice).

Next, saute vegetables, garlic, mushrooms in pan until softened. Season with pepper and garlic powder.  While vegetables simmer, combine flour, cream cheese, milk and whisk together. Add chicken broth and milk mixture to vegetable pan. Mix to combine with vegetables. Return chicken to pan and reduce to medium-low heat, making sure the chicken is cooked all the way through.



(It will look something like this.)

Prepare your pasta and drain. Spoon your chicken mixture over pasta, add garnish and...Perfect! 


Notes: Not the best photos (from my phone) and for next time I think I will use a little less chicken broth because I think I would like the sauce a little thicker. I also tend to eyeball things instead of using exact measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment