Monday, February 11, 2013

Easy Sunday Favorite

I cannot remember where this recipe originated, but we eat it ALL the time. It is one of my husband's favorites. I usually make it with ground beef, but husband is on a red meat strike, so I used some lean ground turkey. Don't worry it still tastes good! I call this lovely creation taco soup.

Taco Soup:
1 can corn, drained (I always use low sodium or no salt added canned goods)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Rotel (we like the HOT)
1 can diced tomatoes
ground turkey breast or ground beef
one taco seasoning packet (also low sodium)
Tabasco
cumin

to make it extra delicious eat with tortilla chips and top with cheese and sour cream


Brown the meat and drain any excess fat. Add the taco seasoning as directed. I usually simmer the meat and seasoning for about 10 minutes. While that is simmering, combine all the canned goods in a large pot on medium heat. Add some Tabasco and cumin for flavoring. When the meat is done simmering add it to the vegetable pot and simmer everything together for about 15-20 more minutes.


That's it...you're done! And the leftovers always go really fast at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment