Monday, February 18, 2013

Crockpot Pork Chops

So I had some pork chops on hand and it is way too cold outside to grill, so the crockpot was washed and prepped for another round. I never tried pork chops in the crockpot before and this recipe did not disappoint. I found a couple ideas online (nothing that blew up my skirt), but mostly just formulated my own game plan.

Crockpot Pork Chops:

1 bell pepper, rough chop
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jar sliced mushrooms (or fresh)
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 red potatoes, quartered
1/3 cup dijon mustard
1/3 cup water
worcestershire to taste (about 2 tbls.?)
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
~1lb. pork chops (I used bone-in, not sure of the weight, but I had 4 medium-sized in the pack)


Chop the veggies and add to the crock. Add the wet ingredients (except worcestershire sauce) and top with basil, salt, pepper. Mix all this inside the crockpot. Place the porkchops on top of vegetable mixture and top chops with salt/pepper whatever you like and add worcestershire on top.

It will look something like this


Cover and cook on high for about 3-4 hours depending on the thickness of your pork chops. Mine were thin-medium so I think it cooked for about 3.5 hours.

Finished Product


This turned out great! They were very tender. Pork chops in the crockpot=success!

1 comment: