Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ode to 2012-- Love and Loss

A year. 52 weeks. 365 days. So many things happened in my life this past year. I will describe a brief recap of the year to begin this blog (and give everyone a heads-up to my sometimes crazy life). Brad (my soon to be husband) was promoted at his work, where they started a new company. I found and started a new job in my field of study. (yay!) We got MARRIED!!!! We honeymooned in Belize and absolutely loved it. The Alabama Crimson Tide was on the road to the national championship game! However, with the highest happiness I have ever felt, this year also brought great heartache with Grandma and Grandpa passing. My two other grandparents were also hospitalized around the same time. I was blessed with 4 wonderful grandparents for so long it has been difficult to cope with the loss of two in the same year. The year seems like a blur, yet I will never forget 2012: both happy and sad.




Why the blog?

I want this blog to be a way for me to communicate with others on the web and become a better person through support and inspiration. I want to create a place to grow for myself and for my relationship.

Also, I love to cook. I may frequently post recipes, both triumphs and failures. Brad will be the ultimate sacrificial guinea pig. Do not worry, the man has an iron stomach that begins and ends with Tabasco. I will often be sarcastic, cautiously judgmental and silly. I love to read and I love to write. I am able to say much more in writing than I will ever be able to speak in words.



The reason I would like to embark on this journey is to start a new outlook on life. I want to grow in many areas. I want to give. I want to live. I want to be my best self for me, my husband and that hound dog. I welcome all the comments and criticism that a blog might bring. I have an open mind and sometimes an open heart.

May this blog inspire the readers and the writer...

Always, GRD

No comments:

Post a Comment