Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Healthy Pesto Pasta Salad

Well, you probably knew this recipe was coming, so here it is. My basil plant is a rockstar so I made another batch of homemade pesto. I made this pasta concoction myself and it was my first attempt. Simply delicious! So many flavors and textures!!

Pesto Pasta Salad

1 container of cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 16 oz. box penne pasta (I used all but about 1 cup of the cooked pasta)
1 large english cucumber, quartered
1 6 oz. can medium black olives, drained & halved
~1/2 mason jar prepared pesto (pesto recipe)
black pepper to taste
dash red pepper flakes (if you are so inclined)
juice of half a lemon (eyeball)


Boil pasta in salted water until al dente and drain. Splash cool water over cooked pasta and let cool. Transfer to a large bowl and add pesto. Combine.


Add all the other ingredients and stir. Spoon up and enjoy.


So good that I kept sneaking more bites of the pasta even after I had a bowl...




Notes: This will not disappoint and would be great for a large crowd!! The homemade pesto really hits the spot! You could add mozzarella or parm cheese on top, but I liked it just the way it was prepared. The husband said it was "delicious" and did NOT add Tabasco. KEEPER! Leftovers are also delicious!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment