Monday, May 27, 2013

Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad

Whoa. Holy delicious salad Batman. I made this dish for one, as husband is out of town. I really made too much for just myself, but it was definitely great. I will make it again when husband is home because he will LOVE the spiciness of the dressing. It was sooo good! Ok, I'll stop now. But. So. Good.

Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad

1/2 ripe avocado, rough chop
~4 tbls. sliced red onions
small can of corn, drained (no salt added), used about 2/3 of the can
1 small tomato, sliced
fresh romaine lettuce, chopped
1 cooked chicken breast, diced (I used about 1/2 of the large chicken breast)

Dressing:
1/2 fresh lime
cumin
chili powder
~1 tbls. chipotle chile in adobo sauce
~1/3-1/4 cup sour cream

(You may notice there is cilantro in this ingredient gathering...I forgot it AGAIN!!! Feel free to add it to your salad at the end!)

Prep the salad with your fresh veggies on a large plate with the cooked chicken. Mix together the heavenly sauce and spread liberally.

I'm not saying you're going to like it, you're going to love it.





Notes: I made this for myself but made too much. Adjust accordingly. I would say the recipe above is for 2-3 healthy servings. Again, LOVE.
I think the original recipe had black beans. Add if you like. I usually love black beans, but without them this recipe didn't skip a beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment