Sunday, October 11, 2015

Whole Life Challenge: The Beginning

Dear blog friends, as you may or may not know, I decided to participate in the Whole Life Challenge which started September 19th. Click on the link to learn more about this whole challenge thing!

My dear friend created a team and we have a great group of ladies striving to make some improvements in each of our lives while supporting each other. I have really enjoyed the challenge so far while also reconnecting with great friends! There are different levels for you to choose from; I am doing the KickStarter. My idea is to reflect on how things are going so potential newbies might know what to expect.

I plan to do a few blog posts titled "The Beginning," "The Middle" and the "The Final Results." So stay tuned!!

The posts will be about how I'm feeling, what I'm craving and the aspects that are most challenging (and anything else I decide to throw in the mix).

I myself am a newbie to the challenge, so here is my experience thus far!

First up: Feeling

This picture mostly sums up how I felt the first week. For Day 1 I was at a football tailgate and game so I just basically threw everything out the window. When I did finally start...I will say days 2-3 did feel like a food hangover. I think my body was detoxing from carbs, bread, complex sugars, etc. and I did not feel that great. Particularly in the mornings I did not feel good. Most likely due to the fact that I am used to a Fresca or Diet Coke every morning. Otherwise I enjoyed getting back to exercising regularly and stretching is something you think might not make a difference, but it does. It feels really good.

timeline-header


Craving: crackers, chips, cheese, sodas, sandwiches, fast food (not often and mostly Chik-fil-A)

I REALLY love salty snacks, so giving those up is HARD for me. Also, I enjoy my carbonated beverages. I know they are bad for you, so in the end this is a healthy move and I can do it! As for the chips...I could really go for some Miss Vickie's Salt and Vinegar RIGHT NOW!

Not to worry! We are allowed to have popcorn, so I've been eating Skinny Pop popcorn (you can find at the grocery store) as a snack alternative. I really like it.
 Image result for skinny pop

Challenges:

Well, I've already talked about the food, so I'll leave that alone. Other challenges for me so far include drinking the amount of water to get the hydration point. I don't know why this is a struggle, but I feel like I have to force myself to guzzle water. I hope that gets better as we move along.

Second main challenge for me is the exercise. I tend to be a wee bit lazy when it comes to this, so I really need motivation and some variety. I guess it's time to explore some classes or online workouts etc.

That's it for now! Like I said, I'm really enjoying it so far (oh yeah, and I'm down a few pounds so that doesn't hurt either)! Check it out and maybe you'll want to join the next challenge!

Now where did I leave my daily one glass of wine?

big bang theory animated GIF












No comments:

Post a Comment