Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Veg All Casserole

I never had this dish until I met my husband and his family. It seems to be a staple for holiday meals at their table. He loves it and I make it for him as a treat every so often. I happen to like it now too! Give it a try if you haven't before!

Veg All Casserole

1 can no salt added Veg All, drained
1 can diced water chestnuts, small dice
1/2 sweet onion, diced
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Ritz crackers, crumbled for topping
1-2 tbls. melted butter

Prep the ingredients. 


Combine the Veg All, water chestnuts, onion, cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Lightly spray a small casserole dish and pour the mixture into the dish. Evenly sprinkle the crumbled crackers on top and drizzle the melted butter over the crackers.


Preheat the oven to 400 and cook uncovered for about 30 minutes. 
Allow to cool about 5 minutes and enjoy!





Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4-6

Notes: Originally, this recipe makes a lot more, but I cut it in half for just the husband and myself. If you've got more folks, feel free to double it. The leftovers are gone in a flash at our house. This recipe has certainly grown on me and I make it several times a year now! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment