Monday, October 13, 2014

Delicious Pumpkin Bread

I have never made pumpkin bread before, but I wanted to try something new. And it's fall y'all! I know everyone gets on the pumpkin spice latte train, but this is pumpkin bread and it's going to knock your socks off. I don't care what anyone says. Fall/Pumpkin train wins on this recipe!

Pumpkin Bread

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 can pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1+ tsp. cinnamon
1/2+ tsp. nutmeg
1 stick unsalted butter
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs

Soften butter and mix sugar in together until well incorporated. Add the eggs and combine.

In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Then combine the dry ingredients with the sugar/butter/egg mixture. Add in the pumpkin puree, sour cream and vanilla and gently incorporate.


Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray a loaf pan. Pour batter into pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes clean. Cool for about 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.



This would be delicious with your morning coffee...or morning Diet Coke. If you love Diet Coke like me.


Notes: This bread is awesome! It is so light and the texture is wonderful. I even gave it to the local tire dealership because they fixed my busted tire for free!!! Spreading good karma! This pumpkin bread just seems like a part of fall. Try it for yourself! I am sure you won't be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment