Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pineapple Chicken

I really loved all the ingredients of this dish and wanted to give it a try. With my own version of course. I have to say the result is one awesome meal. I really really really liked it. Scratch that. Loved it.

Pineapple Chicken

~1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bit size chunks
salt and pepper to taste
20 oz. can of pineapples (light syrup), undrained
1 red, yellow and green pepper, rough dice (from the Charleston farmers market!)
1/2 jalapeno, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbls. low sodium soy sauce
2 tbls. honey (from Johns Island)
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
dash onion powder
1/2 tsp. chili powder (or less if you don't like the spice)

Spray a large pan and start over medium-low heat. Season the chicken chunks with salt and pepper and brown on all sides (about 10 minutes).


While the chicken browns, chop all your veggies and garlic.


Remove the chicken to a clean plate and put the vegetables and garlic in the pan.

In a medium bowl, combine the pineapples, soy sauce, honey, ginger, onion powder and chili powder. Gently stir.


Pour this mixture over the top of the veggies. Bring the heat to about medium and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the veggies are tender and the liquid reduces. Return the chicken to the pan to soak up the juices and heat through (about 5 minutes or so).


Plate up and enjoy!!!!



Serve with sliced green onions, brown rice.

Servings: 4-6
Time: about 1 hour from start to plate

Notes: Like I said, I really enjoyed this so very much. I really love pineapple and the sweet and spicy combo of flavors really hit the spot for me! I imagine this is pretty darn healthy too. The leftovers aren't too shabby either.

Recipe inspiration: Crème de la Crumb

No comments:

Post a Comment