Saturday, November 22, 2014

Crockpot Curry Chicken

Man I love my slow cooker when it gets cool out. Please enjoy this tasty Curry Chicken!!

Crockpot Curry Chicken

1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into strips
3/4 medium onion, sliced
1 poblano pepper (fresh from our garden), sliced
1 clove garlic, small dice
~1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
1 can coconut milk
1 tbls. curry powder
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. (or more) cayenne pepper
~2 tbls. tomato paste (not pictured)


Place the chopped vegetables and garlic in the bottom of the crockpot and turn on low. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.

In a medium bowl, gently combine diced tomatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, ground ginger and cayenne pepper (this may look kind of gross, but trust me it will be fine).


Pour this over the chicken and vegetables in the crockpot and cover. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. It's going to smell great. I stirred it a couple times during the cooking process and tasted the liquid to see if I liked the flavor. I ended up adding a little more cayenne to mine. Of course because we like the spice. I added in the tomato paste about an hour before it was done. Once it's done cooking you can remove the chicken and cut it into chunks if you like and then return it to the crockpot.



Serve with warm basmati rice. Delicious!


Time: 6 hours
Servings: 6-8

Notes: Husband loved it and the leftovers were devoured! This recipe is going in my crockpot catalog. I will definitely make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment