Friday, November 29, 2013

Gwen's Thanksgiving Potato Green Bean Medley

This is a new addition to Thanksgiving!!! I was getting tired of the ole green bean casserole recipe that I made year after year. *yawn* I told husband I was switching it up and he seemed disappointed...until this new version. Enjoy!

Gwen's Potato Green Bean Medley

~8 medium red potatoes, quartered
~1 lb. fresh green beans, snapped
2 tbls. whole grain dijon mustard
3 tbls. red wine vinegar
pepper to taste
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/2 large shallot, minced
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled

Boil the potatoes in salted water for about 20 minutes and remove to a large bowl to cool. Boil the green beans for about 5 minutes (depending on how firm you like them). Drain and add to the potatoes in the mixing bowl.

Whisk the remaining ingredients (minus the bacon) together in a small bowl. Pour this mixture over the potatoes and green beans. Toss lightly to combine and then add the delicious bacon crumbles on top. I served it warm. YUM!



Notes: No Tabasco added by husband! Remarks: Good Babe. Great Flavor.
This is really great. I was very happy with the result. I will definitely make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment