Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sausage Quiche

This quiche is relatively quick and easy! You may also notice throughout my cooking posts that we have an unhealthy obsession with Rotel. We use it ALL the time because it's so good. Husband said this was the best quiche I ever made. I guess that makes it a winner!

Sausage Quiche

1 pie crust (I use the Pillsbury refrigerated ones)
1 lb. hot sausage
1 can hot Rotel, drained
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar, grated; I usually get generous with the cheese :)
2 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup ranch dressing
dash pepper
dash cumin

Brown and crumble the sausage in a pan. Drain. Whisk the eggs together in a medium-large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Add the sausage into the mixture. Preheat oven to 350. I like to bake the pie crust first for about 7-10 minutes (you don't have to). Pour the mix into the pie crust.


Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick is clean when inserted into the middle of the quiche.


Notes: This was excellent! I think 1 more egg would help. Also, I used 85% of the cooked sausage. You could probably use it all or add just a hair more of the other ingredients to get the ratio perfect. This is relatively spicy, but you can always turn down the heat. Yum!!




No comments:

Post a Comment